50 civilians and three soldiers allegedly killed by suspected terrorists in Kebbi



Fifty persons and three soldiers have allegedly been killed by suspected bandits in Dankade village in Kebbi State.

Kano-based lawyer, Bulama Bukarti who disclosed this on Twitter this morning, said the attack happened on Friday, January 14 for over 10 hours. He said residents of the village confirmed the said incident during an interview with BBC Hausa. He said the villagers alleged that they were attacked because they refused to pay new tax levies handed to them by the bandits.

His tweets read

''Last Friday, bandit terrorists operated for 10 hours (11am - 9pm) in Dankade village of Kebbi, killing 50 people and 3 soldiers, and burning homes and shops. A man who lost two brothers and escaped narrowly told BBC Hausa that they’ve been prevented from burying their loved ones.

The Kebbi Govt said it’s a retaliatory attack, but victims say they’re attacked because they refused to pay a new tax after they’d paid previously. The govt claimed that 10 - 20 people were killed, but the two witnesses told the BBC that they’ve seen >25 bodies & there are more.''

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post